Autoloader supporting backup software for linux?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Fri Jun 1 15:15:01 CDT 2001

> 	does anyone happen to have a recommendation for
> backup software on Linux that works with the Dell
> PowerVault 120T (8-Tape 4mm DAT) autoloader?  I
> started out with CA's ArcserveIT for linux and hated
> it.

Internally, we use Legato to back up Linux servers, though I think the
tape server isn't running Linux.  I would recommend BRU, but they're
defunct as of a couple weeks ago.  Amanda is pretty powerful, and included
on the Red Hat CDs already.   You might give that a try.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch