1550

David Forslund dwf at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 30 17:55:01 CDT 2001

I have a dual processor 1550 with 1Gbyte of memory with RH 7.1
preinstalled.  I also received a 15" Dell monitor and want to get X11 up,
but Xconfigurator says that there is an error and I get no display.   There
is no
indication what the error is.   Any suggestions as to how to solve this
problem?

Also, when the system is up and running, I can ping it, but I can't get any
response from sshd or from the web server once it is fired up.   I chose
the medium security option when installing the software.  Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

David W. Forslund                               dwf at lanl.gov
Computer and Computational Sciences             http://www.acl.lanl.gov/~dwf
Los Alamos National Laboratory          Los Alamos, NM 87545
505-663-5218                                    FAX: 505-665-4939