DVD Drive detection problem

Steve Segarra ssegarra at mitre.org
Wed Aug 29 14:57:01 CDT 2001

hi,
	I'm trying to get Slackware 8 installed on a new 2550 (I know it's not
supported) and am having some problems.  I used Gavin Roy's bootdisk
with the aacraid drivers on it to support the raid controller which
worked fine, but the kernel on the bootdisk doesn't seem to support the
DVD drive the machine shipped with and setup is unsuccessful probing for
the drive.  Anyone have any ideas on what I can do next?  I would really
like to use slackware in place of red hat.

Thanks,
steve