Average heat dissipation for servers

Dirk Wetter dirkw at rentec.com
Wed Aug 29 14:50:01 CDT 2001

Hi,

i don't have numbers concerning our unintentional heating system ;-)
which stresses our a/c, but we have 25 1550s in full config (SMP,4GB
mem,3 drives) in one rack, also some other computers as well, and i
had not a single failure (it would be great however if DELL would
opensource their monitoring stuff, i don't run a stock redhat kernel,
i don't run redhat, and open source drivers are more appreciated ;-) )

if you purchase more than one rack i would put them face to face.

cheers,
        ~dirkw

 Dirk Wetter @ Renaissance Techn.
 mailto:<dirkw at rentec dot com>