Bootable cdrom

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Wed Aug 29 14:45:00 CDT 2001

Maybe.

You can make a custom kickstart file with "device=" section specified in
the correct order, then you can make a boot floppy out of the
images/boot.img file. Drop the kickstart file on the floppy. Now you have
a floppy/cd combo that you can use to install machines without a tech.

If you wanted, you could probably burn a new cd with this floppy image.
Adaptec EZ CD-creator can do this, I think. mkisofs can, as well.

If you did not want a kickstart file, but just wanted to add "expert
noprobe" as the default option, you could do the same thing as above
(minus kickstart file), and then edit the syslinux.cfg file to add this to
the kernel command line.

--
Michael