PowerEdge MegaRaid Linux large files

Spangler, Jason jspangler at origin.ea.com
Wed Aug 29 11:17:01 CDT 2001

I am experiencing the same problem on PowerEdge 6350 running RedHat 7.1 with
kernel 2.4.3-12smp and a PERC2 controller (using the megaraid module)
configured for RAID 5.  The copy of a 2GB file hangs the filesystem until it
finishes, which is a bad thing in my particular situation.

Are any fixes available or workarounds known?  RAID 0 isn't an option for
me.

Thanks!