Is this reasonable?

Wed Aug 29 08:54:00 CDT 2001

> A Dell 4300 with add on RAID controller and running RedHat 6.2 was
> dropped on my desk many hours ago along with a request to install
> RedHat 7.1 and a list of required software packages.
> The RedHat media does not recognize the RAID controller and cannot
> find a place to install the OS.

You need to update the firmware on your PERC2/SC card.  It's probably older
than v3.13 (the latest), and the 6.2 kernel knows that old firmware in this
case is a really bad thing and won't let you use the card.  (There were
warnings on VT4 when the megaraid driver loaded).  Newest firmware can be
found at http://domsch.com/linux/#megaraid.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
#2 Linux Server provider with 17% in the US and 14% Worldwide (IDC)!
#3 Unix provider with 18% in the US (Dataquest)!