EXT3

Dirk Wetter dirkw at rentec.com
Tue Aug 28 11:24:01 CDT 2001

i wouldn't phrase it in that way. what you mean by support is probably
that it'll be included in 7.2.
 i know that ST is more on the careful side, which is good. but i
wouldn't trust a filesystem which has the version number 0.0.7a. my
data is just too valuable. if you need logging in a server environment,
look into XFS (my personal preference), JFS (umm, well they jumped
from version 0.3 over 1.0 to 2.x) or reiserfs, which is on Linux the
journalled fs which has probably the widespreadests use. it should be
also included in your redhat kernel. don't know however whether the
knfsd patch is included, which is important for early 2.4.x kernels if you
and plan to nfs export reiserfs.

my $0.25,

        ~dirkw

Dirk Wetter