Matt Domsch's Linux page

Chris Chabot chabotc at reviewboard.com
Fri Aug 24 06:34:00 CDT 2001

Actualy, getting the Broadcom card working is quite easy. There's a few
way to get it. First of all, Redhat 7.1 and above supports the card
nativly (and also the AAC card). If however u prefer a custom kernel OR
dont run redhat, simply take the redhat SRPMS of the kernel, install it,
grab the patch from /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES (ur looking for
linux-x.x.x-bcm5700.patch). Apply this patch to a plain vanilla tree, and
u can select 'Broadcom Gigabit Adapter' in menu config...

if ur running debian (sounded like it) simply convert the SRPMS via alien?

(ps, i hope those dual eepro's use 64bit pci? else the 500mbit network is
kinda overkill for a 33mhz/32bit pci bus :P)

    -- Chris