Racks for Dell PowerEdges

Basil Hussain basil.hussain at kodakweddings.com
Fri Aug 24 04:02:00 CDT 2001

Hi,

> Wow, thanks for the link! We installed our first Dell 1U into our rack
> last week, and the Dell sliders were about 3 cm too long! (Even in
> the shortest posision, the mounting-sliders were too long).

I almost had the same problem when we recieved our Poweredge 1550s. They are
quite long servers and hence quite long rails - longer than most rack makers
bargain for. Our rack was set up for us, so we had to practically take the
thing apart and fix the vertical rack rails at their maximum extent to give
room for the servers!

Regards,

Basil Hussain
Internet Developer, Kodak Weddings