Racks for Dell PowerEdges

Frank Louwers frank at student.rug.ac.be
Thu Aug 23 14:42:00 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:33:11AM -0400, Bob Staaf wrote:
> Tracy,
>
>      Go to www.racksolutions.com.  They offer adapters that will allow you
> to put Dell servers in just about any rack.  Dell also sells these adapters
> as well but, you have to ask about them.  I use them and they are
> invaluable!

Wow, thanks for the link! We installed our first Dell 1U into our rack
last week, and the Dell sliders were about 3 cm too long! (Even in
the shortest posision, the mounting-sliders were too long). No
problem, we have a <nl>frees-machine</nl> (I don't know the english
word, it is an advanced hamerdrill, but you do a lot more than just
drill), and I'll just drill the thing till they fit, but it's good to
know Dell sells these kind of things...

Frank