Newbie questions...

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Thu Aug 23 11:59:00 CDT 2001

Official Linux support should arrive in SAN 5.0. Look for an announcement
here when that happens.

Currently, if you want to run with Linux connected to you SAN, it should
"Just Work" (see below). Of course, to administer the SAN, you currently
need a Microsoft box to run the administration software.

To get to the state where it "Just Works", you need a few things. First,
Red Hat Linux 7.1. Second, you need to upgrade to the 2.4.3-12 errata
kernel (minimum). After that, you should be able to connect your systems
and see all available SAN storage.

If you can get it to work yourself, great. If not, support will be
available starting with SAN 5.0. You can call tech support at that time.
--
Michael