Newbie questions...

Chris Bradshaw chris.bradshaw at ittralee.ie
Thu Aug 23 11:15:00 CDT 2001

Hi.....

I saw the Linux web page and I have some questions. I have a Dell
PowerVault
SAN comprising some PowerVault 51F fibre switches and some PowerVault
660F
RAID disk arrays.

Attached to the SAN will be a number of PowerEdge 1500 and 6450 servers
each
with a Qlogic 2200 Fibre Channel (Optical) HBAs.

I would like to install RedHat Linux on some of these servers and make
use
of the SAN for storage....

I was just wondering if anyone reading this could tell me if:

* It is possible to get RedHat Linux to work with the SAN hardware
listed above?
* If it is not possible now, is it in the pipeline for the future?
* If it is possible, are there any instructions, howto's or tips which
you could point
  me at to help me get started?

Thanx in advance.

Chris.