Swap with 16 Gb of RAM

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Tue Aug 21 11:11:01 CDT 2001

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Vsevolod Ilyushchenko wrote:

> Is swap file faster than partition or vice versa?

Last info I saw was that there is not a significant difference in speed.
The difference is system stability. There are potential deadlocks in the
swapfile code that are not there in the partition code.

You can try running without _any_ swap and see if that helps.

--
Michael Brown
Linux OS Development

     then each of us still has one object.