Swap with 16 Gb of RAM

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Tue Aug 21 10:15:01 CDT 2001

If you are running Red Hat 7.1, then you have to make special
consideration for the swap rules that exist in this version of the OS.
Because of a "bug" in the VM subsystem in RH7.1, you need swap>=2xRAM.

Because of the limited HD expandability of the 8450, this may cause you
some problems, though :-). The recommendation is to either A) find a way
to get as close to swap=2xRAM as possible, possibly using swapfiles on
external drives, or B) run with no swap.

--
Michael

--
Michael Brown