OpenManage for RH7.1

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Mon Aug 20 10:23:00 CDT 2001

> 	Is there any hope for OpenManage to work with the 2.4.X kernel?

This is work in progress.  The OpenManage team is working on drivers that
will work with any 2.4.x kernel, but that work isn't finshed yet.  We'll
be sure to announce on Linux-PowerEdge (and Linux-PowerEdge-announce) when
it is available.

> What do you tell your customers that have 7.1 shipped with their Dell about
> RAID monitoring?  What are their options?  Could you please shed some light
> on this subject for me?

Monitoring RAID arrays is separate from monitoring CPU temperatures,
voltages, etc.  There exist today Linux tools for monitoring your RAID
array, whether megaraid- or aacraid-based.  Please see
http://domsch.com/linux/ for the appropriate tools.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
#2 Linux Server provider with 17% in the US and 14% Worldwide (IDC)!
#3 Unix provider with 18% in the US (Dataquest)!