Dual Port Ethernet not working on PE2550

Maki mk2s at digitalcommute.com
Mon Aug 20 09:34:00 CDT 2001

Jeremy,

  Thanks for the reply.  Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I'm not having any problems with the onboard e100 or broadcom; they seem to work as expected.  My issue is with the dual-port ethernet card that these PE2550s came with.(it was an option when ordering from dell, but maybe they are not supported with Linux?  These servers were shipped as w2k servers)

  I'm going to try eepro-diag and different cables/switch ports, but 4 out of 4(2 machines with dual port cards) are not working suggesting to me that it's more than a flaky cable/port.  I'll also try forcing the mode to 100FD.

  Thanks,