dual port ethernet not working on PE2550

Maki mk2s at digitalcommute.com
Sun Aug 19 18:24:00 CDT 2001

I've been trying to configure our new PE2550 with RH7.1 and have been having problems with the dual port ethernet card that the machine came with.  The card works fine when first powered on, but when warm-booted, both ports on the ethernet card don't link up to the switch(cisco29xx).

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I have two PE2550s that do exactly the same thing.  I've tried the eepro100 drivers from RH7.1 and the
e100(1.5.6) drivers from RH7.1, and the
newer 1.6.13 e100 drivers from intel web site, and they make no difference.  No leds, no link no signal etc.  ifconfig up/down makes no difference.  rmmod/modprobe makes no difference.  Once I reboot I cant get to those ethernet ports until I power cycle.

The drivers tell me the board assembly is 751110-004.  Not a number that matches on Intel's site.  Also the driver detects the cards as OEM instead of Intel.  The onboard ethernet is detected as Intel and works fine.

I thought the PE2550s shipped with Intel dual port cards?  I'm planning on calling Dell tomorrow morning, other than that does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give me,