Linux 6.2 and PERC 3/QC

William Moore wqmoore at matrixservice.com
Fri Aug 17 09:30:01 CDT 2001

I am installing a system that must run Linux 6.2 (for Oracle
certification) on a PE6450 with a PERC 3/QC card. I have tried using the
AMI MegaRAID driver with no success. I have the RedHat 6.2 retail CD and
after install I get a kernel panic when it attempts to mount the boot
partition. I also downloaded the install diskette from
http://domsch.com/linux/megaraid/megaraid1.09-rh6.2sbe2.tar.gz and used
the linux dd command to install the diskette. This caused the install
script to probe for a mouse where the systems hangs. If I install in
expert mode the driver is not listed after I put in the diskette. Any
help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Service Tag 19JRR01

William Moore
Matrix Service Company, Inc.
918-838-8822