Drivers for PERC 3/DC for RedHat 6.2?

Zeki Mokhtarzada zeki at mokhtarzada.com
Thu Aug 16 18:08:00 CDT 2001

> Well, I now have a trimmed-down kernel (2.2.19) with reiserfs
> support added (who wants to wait for 2 30Gig disks to fsck
> after a crash).

You mean you don't HAVE to fsck after a crash?  Could someone please give
more info on reiserfs?

Also, here's a dilemma.  I have a 6300 with two RAID containers.  One is
two 4 gig drives that mirror mounted on /, and the other is six 36 gig
drives (RAID 5) mounted on /raid.

I have my entire system on the two 4 gig drives, but I want to upgrade
them to 9 gig drives.  So can I copy bin, sbin, usr, etc, and dev to
the /raid (the raid 5 container) , pull out the drives, and pop in the 9
gig drives, boot off a floppy, format the new drives and then copy them
back?  What's the best way to go about this?  Thanks in advance.

Zeki