serial adapters for use in PowerEdge 1550 running Linux 7.1

Scott Ferguson jsferguson at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 16 03:42:00 CDT 2001

I apologize in advance for the question but I can't find what I'm looking
for on the Dell site.  I asked our Gov't sales engineer this question but
never got a response.

I need to procure a PCI-based RS232 serial adapter card (4 or 8 port) for
use in the PE1550 we've recently ordered for installation on a US Gov't
research ship.  Do you have any recommendations for cards known to work
under Linux?

These are great computers for use on ships because of their compact design!

Thanks for you help!

Scott Ferguson

Scott.Ferguson at NOAA.gov
jsferguson at alum.mit.edu