PERC 3/DC Drivers for RedHat 6.2? (fwd)

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Mon Aug 13 13:27:01 CDT 2001

Forgot to forward to the list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:24:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: Michael E Brown <michael_e_brown at dell.com>
To: Will Dennis <willd at p-wave.com>
Cc: Tesfamariam_Michael at exchange.dell.com, Linux-PowerEdge at exchange.dell.com,
     Matt_Domsch at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Re: PERC 3/DC Drivers for RedHat 6.2?

After the system accesses the driver disk, you still need to select
"Percraid" from the devices list. This might get you past your
installation problem.

6.2 SBE2 has been end-of-life'd by Dell due to the release of 7.1. Dell's
policy is to sell systems with the currently shipping version of Red Hat
Linux, and one version prior.

You might want to attempt using the compat-glibc* libs from the 7.1
release. This usually gives very good compatibility with 6.2.

--
Michael

Michael Brown
Linux OS Development