Remote reboot?

Bob Staaf rstaaf at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 12 12:50:01 CDT 2001

Frank,

     There is a hardware device that I use mainly for Windows boxes that
sometimes hang on reboot.  It is the APC Masterswitch.  I am actually going
to be posting one for sale on Ebay today if you are interested.  A good used
one goes for around $200.  You can hook up 8 machines to it, it has an rj45
ethernet port and it has a web based interface which allows you to remotely
reboot any of the machines.  I know this is probably not what you had in
mind but, it will allow you to reboot even the hardest locked or crashed
machines where even a kernel based option might now allow.

APC's Masterswitch page
http://www.apc.com/products/masterswitch/index.cfm

Ebay search for APC Masterswitch
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortPrope