[Linux-Desktops] page up key repeats a whole bunch times when I press it once

Mario_Limonciello at Dell.com Mario_Limonciello at Dell.com
Mon Sep 12 10:50:08 CDT 2016

On the Latitude, you should check and make sure you are up to date on the latest BIOS.
This type of issue was resolved by an EC and BIOS update.

I'm not aware of anything in Inspiron related to this, but first thing you should do is update BIOS
in case there was a similar fix as the Latitude one that was applied.

If it's persisting, see if you can reproduce it in EFI shell, WinPE or some other EFI applications outside Ubuntu.
Which 3000 Inspiron is this?  You can check /sys/class/dmi/id for more details if you don't know.

If you can reproduce it outside Ubuntu I would recommend you contact support so they can
work with the BIOS team to resolve it there.