[Linux-Desktops] Clean Install of Ubuntu onto Dell XPS 13 laptop

Tom & Karen Pino metalsmith at rangeweb.net
Tue Mar 10 23:03:51 CDT 2015

You should grab the clients ~/.foo files before your clean installs.
Those may be known to you as "hidden" files.  They are accessible by
hitting Ctrl + h in any file manager.

Usually Ubuntu upgrades are pretty reliable but with the much lower
number of testers for the OS itself I suspect the number of ISO testers
is abysmal.  The ISO testing team do the upgrade testing too.  And the
number of them that do that has historically been about 25 percent of
the ISO testing team.

When 10.04-testing was being done there were about 150 experienced and
good testers for the OS and about 35 ISO testers, some of whom, like me,
did both.  When 12.04-testing rolled around the experienced testers for
the OS had dropped to 13.  Don't know about the ISO testing team as I
did not participate in that and quit using Ubuntu when 12.04 was
released dropping the OS testing team (experienced) to 12.

Expect this type of problem to continue.
Tom