[Linux-Desktops] Clean Install of Ubuntu onto Dell XPS 13 laptop

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Mar 9 23:22:00 CDT 2015

On 03/09/2015 08:39 PM, O. Sinclair wrote:
> Read up on the rfkill command - at some stage I had to use rfkill
> regularly to "unlock" my wireless as the physical toggle refused
  So far I have been unable to upgrade any of our Dells to 12.04 as they
always hang midway of the upgrade.  Have to wipe the drive and install
from scratch thereby losing all the client's past settings. It has been
a royal pain.  Clean installs are NOT what a serious user wants.  He
wants to be able to upgrade without having to spend two to three weeks
redoing all his passwords and email settings.