[Linux-Desktops] Clean Install of Ubuntu onto Dell XPS 13 laptop

Cameron Finn cameronfinn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:52:23 CST 2015

Hi,

The wireless connection stopped working on my laptop after the software
center failed to do an automatic update.

The connection icon said the hardware switch had been set to off,  but when
I hit alt + F2 only the blue-tooth would be toggled on and off.

Anywho, I tried a bunch of things to fix it, including re-installing Ubuntu
and Debian.  No luck.  Does anyone have instruction on how I can re-install
the OS and the firmware properly?

The wireless card has the Intel 7260 chipset if that helps.

Thanks,

Cameron