linux on Dell Vostro 360 All In One Desktop

Claude Cheret claude.cheret at c-s.fr
Mon Nov 14 07:24:34 CST 2011

Hi,

We try to use Linux on a Dell Vostro 360 All In One desktop with
touchscreen.

Linux installation works fine, but we have a problem with the additional
Nvidia graphic card and the Xorg X server ; the Xorg log file tel us the
Nvidia driver does not see the display.

The nvidia driver I use is V285.05.09, and I  downloaded it  from the
Nvidia driver site (http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html).

I try to start X server on the integrated display and with an external
display connected to the rear vga port, and I  get the same problem.

/*My questions:*/

For the  Dell Vostro 360 All In One Desktop :
- can y get more technical information about the Dell Vostro 360 All In
One desktop with touchscreen ?
- is it possible  to desactivate the external vga connector ?
- do you know about a problème whith X server for the Dell Vostro 360
All In One desktop ?
- is there a specific Nvidia driver for this Dell desktop  model ?

RGDS.

--
	-- Cordialement ----------
	Claude CHERET