blank screen after resume from suspend

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Sat Nov 5 13:40:07 CDT 2011

On Sat, November 5, 2011 10:39, roberto wrote:
> I have freshly installed fedora 15 on my Dell D600.
>
> I suspend the laptop but when i try to resume, the screen stays blank.
> No tty available.
> Nothing. Just the fan on and the totally blank screen.
>
> The same problem occurs with hibernate.
>
> Is it a bug ?
> I have googled a lot, but there seems to be no workaround yet.
>
> Thank you for any suggestions.

This is a Latitude D600?  They had a backlight problem with
pm-suspend/resume.  Here's a link to my discussion of it with Richard of
the HAL development group:
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/Bvzl5AUNbLGYXTCtEeBB

There's a patch in there that was good around F7-F8 if vbetool and
radeontool were present on the system.  No idea if they are in F15 or if
the patch would work there.  My D600 is long dead.