No audio on Vostro 1400

Lee Moffitt lee.moffitt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:09:00 CDT 2009

I went into the gnome-control-center. Under the sound icon, tried the tests.
For each test (e.g., Sound Events), the following results:
For STAC92xx, ALSA, and OSS, I hear no sound, either on speakers or
earphones. For ESD and PulseAudio, I get error messages.

When I went into the Sounds tab, I hear no system sounds.
What's the procedure for getting in touch with a tech? ( I assume there is a
charge $$).

Thanks Ed!

Ok...   Do you have icon access to your Gnome Control Center?  If not,