No audio on Vostro 1400

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:13:08 CDT 2009

Ok...   Do you have icon access to your Gnome Control Center?  If not,
you can find it in as /usr/bin/gnome-control-center.  Locate it and
double-click on the diamond-shaped icon.

It works kinda like a Winderz Control Panel on steroids (be careful!).
In the Hardware section, there's a speaker-icon identified as "sound,"
with several pull-down menus, from which you can adjust several settings
and test each one individually.  Please try that and tell us what luck?
Failing that, you'll likely need to chat with a Dell Linux tech and get
his/her ideas...

Cheers;
Ed