Broadcom Wireless problems

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Wed Mar 18 13:18:49 CDT 2009

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Don't trust what it say on the live disk about "enabled but not in
> use".  Actually try it out.  There is a bug in Intrepid and a lot of
> Jaunty that it can show that when really the driver is in use and
> functional.  It's been fixed in Jaunty post A6 updates however (version
> ***0.5-0ubuntu2
> <https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jockey/0.5-0ubuntu2>* and later).

Thanks Mario,

However it doesn't work on the Vostro BUT does on the Inspiron! The exact same card and the exact
same Live CD but different results between the Vostro and the Inspiron.

If I have time over the weekend I am going to try to do a fresh install of Jaunty from the 'Daily
Build':
http://cdimage.ubuntulinux.org/non-ports/kubuntu/daily/current/

See what happens....

Blessings,