Vostro A860 failing atheros wireless card

Mario Limonciello mario_limonciello at Dell.com
Fri Mar 6 12:59:46 CST 2009

Hi Nigel:

I may be mistaking this with another platform, but I had thought there
was a Vostro platform that shipped with an Atheros card but used a fork
of madwifi because at the time it shipped it wasn't stable. You'll want
to check your recovery media for debs to setup this alternative driver.
I believe it should also be stable on the latest ath5k/ath9k though.

Regards