Query re Mini 9 and 12

Mario_Limonciello at Dell.com Mario_Limonciello at Dell.com
Thu Mar 5 09:06:42 CST 2009

Hi Thomas:

Indeed the mini 12 is using the LPIA architecture.  It's on a case by
case basis whether the repository that you add builds the packages for
LPIA.  Anyone using the PPA infrastructure on the backend will make use
of it automatically.

As for installing Ubuntu yourself on it, I wouldn't recommend doing so
on the Mini 12 since the graphics driver won't necessarily be functional
in any of the release versions of Ubuntu.  You may spend a lot of time
trying to get your graphics to work.  If you decide to try, I'd
recommend you make sure you have recovery disks handy to go back to what
it shipped with.

Eventually this problem will be alleviated when the GMA-500 has open
source drivers for it, but this is how things currently stand.

You might want to check the Canonical partner archive.  They may have
already repackaged Skype for LPIA.

Regards