wireless lost after Ubuntu 8.04 update on D630

Ken Funk funkk at engr.orst.edu
Mon Mar 2 14:36:27 CST 2009

O. Sinclair wrote:
> ... do try and check in the menu System,
> choose "hardware drivers" and make sure that the possibly existing
> wireless driver there is ticked and enabled. ... I think I did that to get wireless
> working after upgrading from "ndiswrapper-kernel" to "driver exists" kernel.
In the new kernel, there is Broadcom STA wireless driver. On first startup with the new kernel, it was not "Enabled". I checked the box and "Enabled" it, but that did not help and its Status remains "Not in use".

How do I change that to "In use" (and working!)?

Thanks,

Ken

--

Kenneth H. Funk II, PhD