DELL inspiron 1420 with linux help!!! (URGENT)

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 02:02:56 CDT 2009

I guess someone from Dell should really be replying to this but here
goes: there was never any Vostro N to my knowledge but the Inspiron 1420
was also sold as Vostro 1400 (my choice).

At this moment when I search Dells US and UK sites for Ubuntu preloaded
laptops all I find is Inspiron Mini 9 - 12 so at least for now they seem
to be offering LESS, not MORE computers with Ubuntu than before.

Sadly that gives you little other choice than to buy a computer to your
liking preinstalled with MS Windows hastalaVista, download Ubuntu and
install yourself.

If you are not in need of super graphics performance I would then choose
Intel graphics (normally very well supported in linux), Intel wifi-card
and Intel CPU. As boring as it may sound...

Sinclair