Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.2 kernel update revisited

Josh Fox digitalhead at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:31:41 CDT 2009

Sinclair,

I found out recently that if you update your repositories, including the
Dell PPA, in Hardy, you can install dkms followed by hsfmodem-base-dkms.
This will update the modem and sound drivers for any updated kernel you
boot into including 2.6.24-24.

You can read the forum post I saw this in at

Hope this helps.
~Josh Fox