DELL inspiron 1420 with linux help!!! (URGENT)

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 16:35:54 CDT 2009

I bought a Dell 1420 N over a year ago directly from Dell with Ubuntu
installed, and successively upgraded through all releases, most recently
from 8.04 to 8.10 and then on the same day to 9.04.

I must say that after recently getting my compiz back, that absolutely
everything is working fine, all systems go.

The only snafu is pulseaudio, new with 9.04, which made using a microphone
plugged into the front analog auido jack with skype somewhat iffy, although
I do have that working ok now (telling skype to use pulseaudio for
everything except the mic (telling it to use device 0 directly) and telling
skype not to manage the mixer.

But everything works, and the wifi is amazingly stable with the new network
manager.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar