Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.2 kernel update revisited

Mario Limonciello mario_limonciello at Dell.com
Thu Jun 18 15:39:43 CDT 2009

Hi Sinclair:

O. Sinclair wrote:
> Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Dear Marion,
Mario not Mario*n*
> thanks for the reply and, of course, for the efforts. However I do not
> quite get what actions I am supposed to take to get the modem working
> in kernel  2.6.24-24?
Just need to upgrade hsfmodem from the PPA.  It should have a
pre-dependency of hsfmodem-base-dkms so that should get pulled in too.

> I got the kernel installed, what other actions to take? What header
> packages to install? linux-headers I have already, ubuntu-modules but
> not their "header package".
If you just did your apt updates, it should have pulled in
linux-headers-2.6.24-24, linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-24 and
linux-image-2.6.24-24.  Just make sure that whenever you do your updates
you always have the triplet of the three packages getting upgraded all
at the same time.

Regards
--
Mario Limonciello