Keyboard problem with Ubuntu 9.04

David Ayers ayers at fsfe.org
Thu Jun 18 04:17:02 CDT 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 18.06.2009, 09:29 +0100 schrieb Tom Chiverton:
> Actualy, it's not that straight forward.
> Typically, a value of '1' in all three fields means the CPU is working
> flat out, and has been solidly for the last 15 minutes or so.
> This is not good.

If you run a few concurrent md5sums on a set of iso images for more than
15 minutes you'll have value of > 1 easily.  Yet that's know reason to
see a delay in keyboard responsiveness with any Processor delivered in
an Inspiron 1740.

top - 11:11:38 up 1 day, 22:44,  5 users,  load average: 2.71, 2.06,
1.03

this is the current load on an (Inspiron 1525n) while I happily type the
mail without any indication of increased latency while typing.

And be assured that you can start quite a few more process...

This is the load while I finished this mail:
top - 11:15:32 up 1 day, 22:48,  5 users,  load average: 4.77, 2.89,
1.55

still no latency noticable within evolution.

Cheers,
David

Now at:
top - 11:16:42 up 1 day, 22:50,  5 users,  load average: 5.74, 3.57,
1.88
and nothing...

--
David Ayers          Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe
http://www.fsfe.org                     http://fellowship.fsfe.org