pptp support on Mini 9

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Jun 15 20:24:21 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 01:33:07PM +0100, Tom Chiverton wrote:
> 2009/6/14 Brian Lavender <brian at brie.com>:
> > I tried adding the pptp support to my mini 9 for Network Manager and it
> > ended removing the current network manager package and I was left
> > without a network connection.
>
> What steps did you take, exactly ?

# apt-get install network-manager-pptp
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  network-manager network-manager-gnome
    network-manager-pptp
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B/127kB of archives.
    After this operation, 3809kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Then it removed my network-manager and killed my wireless connection
along with it! I did a dhclient with a wired connection and then I
reinstalled network-manager.
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/