AML bugs in the Bios of Dell Systems

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 19:25:01 CDT 2009

Hi Guys
It was suggested that I post on these mailing lists after I inquired
about reporting ACPI related bugs in hardware to Dell, my problem is
power management related issue with my Vostro 1310, using the tools
provided by intel[1] I dump the asl using acpidump then try to recompile
the asl to aml using iasl, which bombs out as there are too many errors:

Maximum error count (200) exceeded
vostro1310   225:     External (^CPU0._PPC)
Error    4014 -    From ACPI CA Subsystem ^  (AE_NOT_FOUND Failure from
lookup %s
)

These bugs manifest as issues such as no battery status & sleep issues
on FreeBSD which is annoying seeing as it's a laptop.

I have run acpidump & iasl on a poweredge 1950 & to show that there are
bugs on server products aswell.

Vostro 1310
asl:
http://pastebin.com/f2076a6b0