A rant on Dell and linux/ubuntu

Fabian Rodriguez Fabian.Rodriguez at canonical.com
Mon Jun 1 05:49:13 CDT 2009

On 06/01/2009 06:21 AM, Ramon Gandia wrote:
> [..]
> Also, and I think this is obvious, if your computer came with Ubuntu
> 8.10 installed, and you clean it out and install 9.04, you are NOT
> entitled to help from Dell.

This is a bit more subtle...

If you bought extra support from Canonical at your Dell's purchase time,
we'll support any version you throw at it. We=Canonical.

We won't guarantee Ubuntu 9.04 will work on a machine that was certified
on 8.04... but we'll  escalate bugs and provide resolution / workarounds
/ best effort to get things working.

Cheers,

--
Fabian Rodriguez, Ubuntu Systems Senior Support Analyst
Canonical Corporate Services, Montreal, QC, Canada