wifi on inspiron 1420

oldcpu oldcpu at opensuse-forums.org
Tue Feb 24 01:09:25 CST 2009

Others have managed to get the Dell Inspiron 1420 to work with
openSUSE.  According to the openSUSE HCL:
http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Laptops/Dell
"Wireless works with NDISWrapper or bcm43xx-fwcutter(recomended) "

There is a guidance wiki here for wireless:
http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_(Wireless)

and if you do not progress with that, you could take a look at the
openSUSE forums wireless section:
http://forums.opensuse.org/network-internet/wireless/

and in particular, look at the 3 wireless stickies at the top of that
page.  ...

To get specific help, join the openSUSE forum and post questions, and
there are some wireless guru's who typically jump in and try to help.

Good luck !