using ubuntu iso on M70 laptop?

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 00:05:51 CST 2009

So, just to follow-up, the solution is to put the following lines in
/etc/modules:

battery
ac
thermal
processor
acpi-cpufreq
cpufreq-userspace

This advice is posted in several different places, but it took another
couple overheats to get around to trying it.

Also, the Dell .iso I originally sought to use caused it's own
overheating meltdown and had a non-gui installation manager, as well.
I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 and still had the overheating problem.
That's when I tried the above advice, which has resulted in a stable
system... phew!