UBUNTU sound volume A FIX!!

sam srf10130 at vtc.vsc.edu
Tue Feb 10 08:52:55 CST 2009

Tom Chiverton wrote:
> 2009/2/10 Herzog <herzog at frontiernet.net>:
>> The curt list answer of "see ALSA" is not very thorough.
>
> Note that this was in response to 'not being as loud as Vista', not
> 'not being as loud as under 7.10'.

I have subsequently tested out the sound output from 7.10 and it is
indeed lower output than 7.10. I booted an old live cd and the sound was
(almost) perfect. the only issue was that I had to control the volume
with the PCM slider instead of the master, but the volume was much
higher. The only reason I was mentioning Vista was to imply that the
hardware was not broken.

here is the alsa info for 7.10 - which works
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=4db2b1e597c51091c3292b51b8fbf643473e972e

here is the info for 8.10 which does not
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=558d6bc779f75775217e5b03dda1d11699e5e4a5

sam