Best distro for d630

Mario Limonciello mario_limonciello at Dell.com
Tue Feb 3 10:32:53 CST 2009

Hi Chuck:

I'm probably a bit biased since a lot of the work I do is related to
Ubuntu, but I really think it's come a long way since then.  I'm
personally running Ubuntu on my workstation laptop which is also a
D630.  Mine doesn't have NV graphics, but NV graphics are supported via
the hardware drivers tool that's in Intrepid.  Just make sure you do all
the updates for 8.10 after you would install it.  There are a lot of
Dell related fixes that come in the newer kernels and help to enable
hardware gaps.

Regards