DELL Inspiron 630m : very low in double-boot XP / Ubuntu 8.10

stephanie stephanie stphn13 at
Mon Feb 2 10:20:42 CST 2009

I have installed Ubuntu 8.10 on my Inspiron 630m from the Live CD, in dual
boot with Windows XP.
When I use the computer, just using Firefox, the processor is used at 100%
and the memory is used at 88% from programs and 11% for cache.
The computer is very very low and hot (the fan is running high).
I need to keep XP so I cannot use the iso image created for the Inspiron as
it is says that it does not allow dual boot.
I am not familiar yet with Linux but want to use it absolutely and need some
advices, please...
Thank you very much.