Vostro v13 hardware

J. Bruce Fields bfields at fieldses.org
Wed Dec 16 12:34:12 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:45:44AM -0600, Keith Howanitz wrote:
> I noticed that Ubuntu is now an option on the V13, with the following hardware:

No special expertise here, just googling around:

> VIDEO CARD	Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

Any intel video except the GMA 500 should have good free/open-source
drivers:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#Linux

> WI-FI WIRELESS CARD	Dell Wireless 1397 802.11b/g

Just sort of guessing, but: it looks like it's based on a broadcom chip?
This:

	http://www.wireless-driver.com/download/dell/dell-1300-13501370139013951397140014501470149015001505-1510-wlan-card-win-vista-driver.htm

suggests it's pci id 14e4:4315, described as "in progress" here:

	http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Known_PCI_devices

So, hard to say.

--b.