Dell Wireless 1397 and Linux

Imtiaz Rahi imtiaz.rahi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:15:25 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Stas Khromoy <sk at maxf.net> wrote:

> Jose,
>
> which distro are you using ?
>
> I know that both the latest versions of  ubuntu and fedora have a
> package available through yum/aptitude.
> The name escapes me at this moment, but if you you have either one of
> the above search the repositories  for 'broadcom'
>
> otherwise you might have to use ndsiwrapper and load the windows
> drives through it.
>

> 2009/12/1 José Romildo Malaquias <j.romildo at gmail.com>:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Is there a linux driver for the Dell Wireless 1397? If so, in which
> > kernel module?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Romildo

On Fedora 11 I use kmod-wl driver for Dell Wireless 1395 and this driver
should be able to handle the above mentioned card.
Ubuntu systems automatically detects the hardware and installs appropriate
non-free wl kernel driver (wl.ko)
These kernel drivers are all based on
http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php as mentioned by Sean.

Cheers // Imtiaz Rahi